miércoles, 31 de agosto de 2011

Marine adventures

Is there a better way to celebrate your return to the marine program than going on a field survey being the boat captain? Yes, that's what has happened today. Little by little, to the best of my ability, and with the supervision of an already experience captain (Mike, one of the marine staff) I have leaded the survey back and forth the Kisite-Mpunguti Marine Park and, what is more important, safely. I must say that I am a little proud, as the sea was pretty rough. Because driving a dhow is not as easy as it may seem, even if it has a fuel-powered engine!
Anyway, I love boat surveys: snorkeling transects with tons of colorful fish and stingrays... and, as usual, dolphins! I was already missing it!

2 comentarios:

  1. muy buenos los artículos! a ver si puedes escribir algun otro pronto, tienes fecha de regreso o indefinida de momento?venga, a cuidarse!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. De momento, la fecha de vuelta por Navidades es el 16 de Diciembre... y la vuelta a Kenya en Enero, pues indefinida por el momento.

    ResponderEliminar