sábado, 24 de septiembre de 2011

Diving adventures

Most of you can already guess, from previous blog entries, how happy I become on boats, in the water, over the water, below the water or, simply, around water. And most of you already knew my personal taste for diving. Well, it comes that the Southern Kenyan Coast and, more concretely, the Kisite-Mpunguti Marine Protected Area, are presumed the best diving grounds in Africa, and ranked among the best ones of the world. And yes, I have already taken the opportunity to profit of them in several occasions.
My limited Scuba experience doesn’t let a big room for comparisons, but I can affirm that these reefs are amazing. The first days I tried it, I saw sea turtles, enormous lobsters, lion fishes, giant clams and star fishes, and a huge diversity of colored fishes of all sizes.
But that’s not all. I decided to take a further step, and take the Advanced Open Water Diver course. Hence, during the last weeks I have had the opportunity to do deep dives (when I encountered even a shark), drift dives and night dives, before completing the course. As well, these weeks I have seen whales and lots of dolphins during the sails to the diving sites. I hope I will keep on diving regularly during my time in Kenya!

1 comentario:

  1. No he llegado a sumergirme... pero entro en tu blog por primera vez desde la última: "en un tiempo muy muy lejano, de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme...(vacaciones)"
    No he leído nada,pero veo que progresa.
    Mis más sinceras felicitaciones y mi más cordial saludo. Ya habrá tiempo de perder la cordialidad cuando te dignes en visitar a la plebe.

    ResponderEliminar