domingo, 27 de noviembre de 2011

Back on base...

Well. Almost two full weeks of holiday. Sincerely, I don't remember when did I have such a long break, a period during which I did nothing but enjoying (as my last holidays have always been occupied freelancing or preparing my next trip).
And such an unforgettable trip! I have been to two places I have dreamed of all my life: the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro. I hope you understand it: when I was a little kid, I religiously never missed the wildlife documentary that was forecasted after lunch (in holidays, when I could stay at home after lunch). Hence, being there was absolutely like being 10 years old again. And, regardless to say, I've seen (almost) all the animals I wanted: the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, rhino), cheetahs, hippos, crocs, zebras, wildebeests, serval cats, hyenas, marabus, impalas, dik-diks, elands, baboons, waterbucks, rock hyraxes, foxes... all but the oryx and the african hunting dog (next time, I hope).
But Tarangire National Park was equally amazing, as well as Zanzibar. Ah! (whisper)... Zanzibar... Such a lovely place: history, nature, coral reefs, spices, diving, sunsets, narrow streeted old towns...
But now it's time to go back to work! The Expedition (10 week block in which we work) is close to an end, and afterwards will be time to travel around Kenya and, of course, coming home for Christmas!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario