sábado, 23 de julio de 2011

A new adventure: Kenya


This country, located in Eastern Africa, is my new destination. I had been in Madagascar before, but it’s more of something in between Africa and Asia: no dangerous animals, mixture of peoples of many origins, mixed cultures, peaceful… after that, I was looking forward to have a taste of continental Africa.
Some facts about this country:
- Located in the Equator, in the coast of the Indian Ocean
- Official languages: Swahili, English
- Surface: 580.370 square km
- Inhabitants: 41 million
- Capital: Nairobi
- Currency: Kenyan shilling
- Independence: 12 December 1963, from United Kingdom
The place I am going to work and live in is a village called Mkwiro, placed in Wasini Island. This island is located in front of Shimoni village, close to the border with Tanzania.
And why to move there? As most of you know, I am going to be working with an NGO called Global Vision International (www.gvi.co.uk ) like Science & Training Officer. Conditions were nice, the destination is attractive… so I decided to start this new adventure in Africa.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario