viernes, 29 de julio de 2011

Down to Mkwiro

Yes, these first days have been a non-stop of trips, meetings, briefings, debriefings and adaptation to the new company and environment. And, of course, there have been a lot of new and interesting things going on, but I have lacked of time to sit down quietly and write about them. I am sorry for the lack of news.
Unfortunately, the battery of my personal laptop only lasts 15 minutes, and the working ones are always busy… hence, I depend on the generator to work, and it only does so at certain times of the day.
However, I can describe briefly my first impressions about Mkwiro. It’s a small village, located in Wasini island. You have to cross the channel that separates the island from the continent by boat, and finally arrive to the GVI base. It’s really cool and cosy, even if basic. Here we have drinking water for cooking and drinking, and marine water for cleaning and shower.
On the other hand, the base is completely immersed in the vegetation of the island, and populated by tons of millipedes and birds. Goats and monkeys passing through are also habitual. Moreover, the island is full of dense forests and occasional grass fields. However, the protagonists are the huge baobabs which are scattered all around!
As soon as possible I will upload some photos.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario